Tuesday, October 30, 2007

ARU keen to retain Latham's services

The Australian Rugby Union (ARU) has today announced it has tabled an offer to Wallaby fullback Chris Latham which would see him continue to play in Australia through 2010.

The 32 year old is now considering the two year offer which follows interest from English Premiership side Bristol and Irish Celtic League province Ulster.

His current agreement with the ARU expires December 31, 2008.

“We believe the offer we have put to Chris is a competitive one and we are hopeful it will be accepted,” Pat Howard, ARU General Manager High Performance Unit said.

“We understand Chris has been fielding some very lucrative offers from rugby clubs in the UK, but we are very keen to see him continue his representative career in Australia and hope this new two-year deal convinces him to stay,” Howard said.

The 2006 John Eales Medalist has played 78 Tests for Australia since making his debut in Paris in 1998, the same year he made his Super Rugby debut for the Waratahs just months earlier.

His most recent appearance was in the Rugby World Cup Quarter Finals against England earlier this month.

Narrabri (NSW) born Chris plays for the Queensland Reds in the Super 14 competition.

2007 saw him make a hard-fought and courageous recovery from a serious knee injury suffered in pre-season training for the Reds in January.

His return to international Rugby was for the Wallabies against New Zealand in the Bledisloe Cup and Tri Nations decider in Auckland when he played 36 minutes.

These three will rule the world
2011 Rugby World Cup plans

1 comment:

ultraview said...

Thanks a lot for sharing the information.......

By the way check out the total information about the Rugby World Cup 2011 like, Players, Rosters, Tickets, Sponsors, Rugby World Cup 2011 Dates , Rugby World Cup 2011 Results and more from Rugby World Cup 2011 .